Minimum Equipment and Safety Requirements for Lancing Operations:
Lancing operations can be extremely dangerous. Please ensure that any lancing operation is carried out by experienced personnel only and that the following minimum safety precautions are taken.
The following materials, equipment and minimum recommended personal protective equipment (PPE) will be required prior to the commencement of any lancing or thermal lancing operation:
- Sand to contain the molten material
- Sufficient supply of Oxylance® or Wirepak® thermal lance tube
- Afrox lance tube holder
- Afrox quick shut hand valve
- High pressure Afrox Oxygen regulator
- Afrox Flash-back arrestor
- Safety hoses of suitable length, reels and fittings
- Oxygen supply or a minimum of 3 X 2500 – 3000 psi oxygen cylinders.
- Flame source – This could be a simple oxygen flame torch. We recommend Afrox’s Triple Flint Spark Lighter
- For heat and molten metal splash protection, the operator and all assistants are required to wear appropriate, extreme heat resistant PPE / safety apparel made from aluminizing heat resistance fabrics in a suitable weight including a steel makers suit and apron to protect the user from radiant heat, fire retardant full head and face mask / hood, thick fire retardant mittens / gloves, fire retardant boots and boot protector / linings.
- Heavy duty respirators for each worker