17/10 Wirepak Oxygen Lance
Wirepak Oxygen Lance tube provides a simple and cheap method of achieving extremely high flame temperatures capable of melting even refractory material, ingots, moulds etc. The basic reaction which takes place between iron and oxygen is :
3Fe+20 2 =FE3O4+265 kcal.
The energy is released as heat at a temperature above 4 000° C.
Wirepak Thermic Lance tube is available in the following sizes:
|Nominal Bore Metric||Nominal Bore Imperial||Mass / meter Kg/m||Number of 2.8mm Wires||Standard length in Metres|
|10 mm||3/8||1.44||13||2.0; 3.0 and 4.0|
|l5 mm||½||2.05||22||3.2 – 4.0|
|20 mm||¾||3.13||39||3.2 – 4.2|
- 17.3mm OD x 2.1mm wall, steel tube packed with 13 x 2.8mm diameter wire elements, 3m long.
- 21.3mm OD x 2.1mm wall, steel tube packed with 24 x 2.8mm diameter wire elements, 3m long.
- Furnace electrodes non- ferrous metals ferrous scrap
- Slag underwater use / cutting stainless steel
- Furnace tap holes refractors ingot moulds and concrete cutting.
OXYGEN SUPPLY PRESSURE:
Cutting metals: 600Kpa (90lb) 1000Kpa (145lb)
- 2.0; 3.0; 3.2 and 4.0 meter, plain ended.
- 2.0mtr one end plain, the other fitted with a patented quick fit connector.
- 3.0 and 4.0mtr threaded one end.
- 3.0 and 4.0mtr threaded both ends.
- Other end preparation available as required.
10mm BSP – 3/8″ NPT
Neven Matthews (Pty) Ltd patented double tapered quick fit connector
Approximate results obtained in cutting a 500mm deep hole 30mm in diameter:
Material Time O2 consumption Wirepak consumption
Concrete 3min 2m3 1.5mtr
Steel 1.5min 1m3 0.6mtr
This product is available in the following sizes: